To join, complete our on-line application

 New Members.

Requirements.  The requirements to join a Post of The American Legion are essentially the same for all Posts.

You must have served at least one day on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States during a period of eligibility and be honorably discharged or be still serving honorably, and

You must provide a copy of your DD214 (or other comparable discharge documentation) and a check for the first years dues.  ($31.00)

Eligibility Periods.  Eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:

         April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918          -  World War I
         December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946  -  World War II
         Merchant Marine     December 7, 1941 - August 15, 1945    (Only eligibility period)
          June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955           -  Korean War
         February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975            -  Vietnam War
         August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984               -  Lebanon/Grenada
         December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990    -  Operation Just Cause
         August 2, 1990 - Today*                        -  Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

* Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.

You may complete the application for membership by clicking on the Gold Star item "Application" and answering each item and then clicking on "Submit."  Make your check/money order payable to our Post as shown above and send it, via US Postal Service, to the address shown at the top of the page along with a copy of the DD 214.  Send copies as discharge documents will not be returned.

If you are eligible and acceptable to the Post, your membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed to you.

Transfers from Another Post.

Veterans applying for a transfer from their current Post to this Post must contact the Adjutant and submit the following:

     a.  A completed, signed Member Data Form (this is NOT an application form.)

     b.  A copy of his/her DD 214 or comparable discharge documentation.

     c.  A copy of his/her current year membership card.

A transfer cannot be affected unless your dues are paid in your current Post for the current year.